The Committee is a forum for the discussion of insolvency issues and in discussion with the Insolvency Service for standard setting. It develops, improves and maintains insolvency standards from a regulatory, ethical and best practice perspective. It has responsibility for the revision of Statements of Insolvency Practice (SIPs) and it comments on legislation. JIC promotes consistency across the profession.
A copy of the JIC Rules may be accessed here.
The IPA's Insolvency Practitioner representative on the JIC is Carl Faulds.
Alison Curry provides IPA Secretariat support firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership of JIC
- The membership of JIC is as follows:
- Chartered Accountants Regulatory Board (Chartered Accountants Ireland)
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
- The Law Society of Scotland
- Insolvency Practitioners Association
- Solicitors Regulatory Authority
- The Insolvency Service
- Association of British Insurers (Lay Member)
- Institute of Credit Management (Lay Member)
- HM Revenue and Customs (Lay Member)